Sunday, November 2, 2008

Anette's embroidery


Welcome to my blog!
This is my first bag. Five years ago when I was down-hill-skiing in Austria I was hit by another skier and fell and broke my pelvis. It took me two years to recover and during those two years I wanted always to have a phone or my handy close so I could communicate with my job and my friends. Many of my clothes did not have pockets and my handbags were too heavy to carry about. I got the idea to make a small, light bag for myself to carry across the shoulder and as I like embroidery a lot I started to design one of my own. I had a basket full of old yarn in all shades of colour left over from earlier works and I picked different colours that did match and made my own design. It was fun and I started to make different bags to match my clothes.
I now have a collection of bags - every one with a special design and name - take a look at my slideshow and you will see.



No comments: